Don't Let Fear Hold You Back from the Smile You Deserve
With IV sedation dentistry, the days of letting fear stop you from achieving a bright new smile are over.
Sedation Dentistry - Free Yourself From Dental Fear
Many put off visiting the dentist due to apprehension and fear, missing out on important dental work in the process. With IV sedation dentistry, the days of letting fear stop you from achieving a bright new smile are over. Get A Free Relacs Sedation Dentistry Consultation!
IV Sedation at Redbird Dental Care in Bloomington
Many put off visiting the dentist due to apprehension and fear, missing out on important dental work in the process. With IV sedation dentistry, the days of letting fear stop you from achieving a bright new smile are over. Dr. Anitta Barnabas will eliminate your pain and stress as you relax in comfort. Afterwards, you wake up refreshed. With IV sedation dentistry, there's no reason to put your oral heath on hold anymore.
How IV Sedation Works
Before your procedure, stress-reducing medication is administered by an intravenous line, placing you into a calm, relaxed state. You will not be asleep, and will still have verbal and physical response capabilities. So while Dr. Anitta Barnabas provides your treatment, you remain comfortable and have little memory of the procedure. Throughout the treatment, your pulse and oxygen levels are measured by Dr. Anitta Barnabas and the dental team.
After the procedure is complete:
- Have someone take you home and rest for the remainder of the day.
- Don't perform any strenuous or hazardous activities, or drive a motor vehicle for the rest of the day.
- Don't eat a heavy meal immediately.
- Don't drink alcohol or take medications for the rest of the day unless you've contacted Dr. Anitta Barnabas first. Take medications as directed.
- If you have any unusual problems, call Dr. Anitta Barnabas.
Advantages of IV Sedation
- The onset of IV sedation is very quick and the level of sedation you experience can be tailored to meet your individual needs. This creates a highly effective and highly reliable sedation method.
- With IV sedation, the maximum level of sedation that can be reached is deeper than with oral or nitrous oxide sedation.
- For those who gag easily during dental work, the gag reflex is greatly reduced. When using IV sedation, patients rarely experience gagging problems.
- Unlike general anesthesia or deep sedation, you'll still remain conscious and able to cooperate with instructions, and there is no airway tube involved.
Detecting and preventing oral problems early is essential. Avoiding dental treatment can cause serious oral health issues that could have been prevented. If apprehension has caused you to miss out on important dental care and lose confidence in your smile, fear no more. With IV sedation from Dr. Anitta Barnabas, your dream smile can become a reality.