Successful Teeth Whitening Treatments
Teeth whitening comes in many forms, and individuals who would like to have a white, glistening and spotless set of teeth have several options to choose from. Some of these are for regular teeth whitening which takes a bit of time to show clear results; other, more drastic options can produce results in a single short session of whitening.
In this article, we will be taking a look at distinct teeth whitening procedures, which have proven highly effective and efficient. Maintaining teeth health and getting that gorgeous white smile that you want can be done with these treatments.
Take Home Trays
Take-home whitening trays are an alternative to in-office teeth whitening. They're ideal for patients who want to safely whiten their smile without an extended appointment at the dentist's office.
What are Take-Home Whitening Trays?
Take-home whitening trays use custom-made trays that fit comfortably over your teeth. Our dentist provides a whitening solution and you can use the trays and solution to whiten any time of day or night, all from the comfort of your own home.
How Do Take-home Whitening Trays Work?
Our dentist will first take impressions of your teeth to create your custom-fitted trays. When your trays are ready, our dentist will also provide you with a professional-strength whitening solution, which consists of hydrogen peroxide. When you get home, you'll use a syringe to deposit the whitening gel into the trays and then place them over your teeth.
The amount of time you wear the trays each day will vary based on the current stains and the level of brightness you wish to achieve. Expect to wear them at least 15 minutes per day, or up to an hour or overnight.
After the prescribed amount of time is over, you'll remove the trays and clean them after brushing your teeth. Keep in mind that because the take-home whitening trays are worn for short periods of time, it can take up to two weeks or more for you to see your desired results.
There are a plethora of teeth whitening options available today, but none are as safe or effective as the Zoom! in-office whitening system offered by our dentist.
How the Zoom! In-Office Whitening System Works:
- Before beginning treatment, our dentist will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums to rule out any dental problems. Then the dentist will clean your teeth in preparation for the whitening treatment.
- Our dentist then applies spacers and cheek separators, which prevent the cheeks and lips from coming into contact with the whitening gel and becoming irritated.
- Then, the teeth whitening gel, which consists of professional-strength hydrogen peroxide, is applied to your teeth.
- A bright, ultraviolet light is then focused on the teeth, which causes a chemical reaction within the gel and produces oxygen. This oxygen penetrates the outer layer of the teeth, known as the enamel, and bleaches them from within.
- When the desired shade of white has been achieved, our dentist will rinse away the gel and you'll leave our office with a stunningly bright smile.
If you are looking for efficient teeth whitening procedures in Bloomington, IL with rigorous quality standards and a proven track record, consult with Redbird Dental Care. Not only does Redbird Dental Care perform the highest quality and safest teeth whitening procedures in Bloomington, they also ensure that you are fully satisfied with each treatment. Call us today!